ARRIVAL AT LEH AIRPORT, REALXING & ACCLIMATIZATION DAY Altitude - 11,500 feet
- Arrive at Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport Leh, our representative will meet you at exit gate & transfer to your Hotel. After Breakfast complete Day rest to acclimatize yourself to High Altitude. Evening you can plan to take a leisurely walk with slow pace in Leh Bazaar (on own) to explore and familiarize with vibes of the living in Ladakh. Dinner & Overnight stay at the Leh.
LEH – ULE – MOON LANDSCAPE – LAMAYURU MONASTERY Distance covered - 115 Kms. | Journey Time -3Hrs. | Max. Altitude – 10,000 feet
- After Breakfast leave for Ule and on the way visit Likir Monastery set in a beautiful quaint village with view of Himalayas around. Later continue to Ule wherein on reaching check-in to your swiss tents. After bit of rest, proceed for visiting the mesmerising Moon landscapes and the Lamayuru monastery (Founded in the 10th Century it’s the Oldest Monastery in Central Ladakh) Back to Ule by Evening. Dinner & Overnight stay.
AN EXCITING DAY OF SIGHTSEEING ON THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY 1 “NH1” Distance covered 35Kms. | Travel Time 1Hr. | Max. Altitude - 11,500 feet
- After Breakfast leave from Ule and drive back to Leh. Enroute we visit to Sangam, Gurudwara Pathar Sahib, Magnetic Hill & Hall of Fame. By late afternoon reach Leh and visit the iconic Shanti Stupa. Return back to hotel for Dinner & Overnight stay at Leh.
• Hall of Fame: Hall of Fame near Leh is worth a visit for every citizen. It is a glorious museum constructed by Indian army. You can see the memorabilia, defence biographies, images and weapons used during Kargil war.
• Gurudwara Pathar Sahib: A beautiful Gurudwara sahib constructed in the memory of Guru Nanak, about 25 miles away from Leh, on the Leh-Kargil road, 12000 ft above sea level. The Gurdwara was built in 1517 to commemorate the visit to the Ladakh region of Guru Nanak Dev, the founder Guru of the Sikh
• Magnetic Hill: Magnet Hill is a "Cyclops hill" located near Leh in Ladakh, India. The layout of the area and surrounding slopes create the optical illusion of a hill. The hill road is actually a downhill road. Objects and cars on the hill road may appear to roll uphill in defiance of gravity when they are, in fact, rolling downhill.
• Sangam: Sangam Valley is a 48 kilometre drive from Leh and is the confluence of the rivers Indus and Zanskar. Just the view of Sangam Valley from the road above it can make you swoon in ecstasy. The colours of the two rivers can be distinctly seen at the confluence.
• Shanti Stupa: Shanti Stupa is located at about 1km from Leh. It was built by a Japanese order and has wonderful views over Leh and the Indus valley especially at sunset. The stupa was built in 1980s and is a beautiful monument decorated with colorful paintings and enshrines large statues of Buddha.
LEH - NUBRA VALLEY (125 KMS/5-6 HRS APPROX ONE WAY) Distance covered - 125 Kms | Journey Time - 5Hrs | Max. Altitude – 18,380 feet
- After Breakfast drive to Nubra Valley via KhardungLa pass which was once known to be one of the highest motorable road in the world (18,380 feet). A scenic and exciting drive through Shyok River takes you to Nubra Valley region, which is mostly a cold high-altitude desert, but has magnificent landscapes which makes this journey in Ladakh even more memorable. Have a thrilling experience of ATV Bikes & Ziplining (optional) at Deskit and reach Hundur by afternoon. Check-in and post lunch visit Deskit Monastery then enjoy Double Hump Camel Safari (optional) & Sand Dunes. Dinner & Overnight stay at Nubra Valley.
HUNDER – TURTUK – HUNDER (82 KMS/03 HRS APPROX ONE WAY) Distance covered - 82 Kms. | Journey Time – 2.5Hrs. | Max. Altitude – 10,000 feet
- After Breakfast drive to Turtuk – known as the last village on Indo-Pak border. This scenic village was once a part of Baltistan in Pakistan which was recaptured by India in 1971 war. Turtuk was opened to tourists in 2010. The village offers views of the Shyok Valley. Though a Muslim village, there are a few gompas located on the plateau above the Shyok River and there is an old royal house to see in the village.
Turtuk is one of the few places in India where one can witness Balti culture. It is the last major village where tourist activity is allowed before the Line of Control. After enjoying the beauty of Turtuk & its magnificent landscape drive back to Hundur. Dinner & Overnight stay at Nubra Valley (Hunder).
NUBRA VALLEY – PANGONG LAKE (150 KMS/ 7 HRS APPROX ONE WAY) Distance covered - 150 Kms. | Journey Time - 7Hrs. | Max. Altitude – 14,500 feet
- After Breakfast drive to Pangong Lake via the beautiful and recently opened Shyok route. Reach Pangong lake at an altitude of 14,500ft. Check-in and have lunch. Pangong is 5/6 kms wide and over 144 kms long and is shared by two countries (25% India and 75% China). Enjoy the magnificent and jaw-dropping views of this unique high-altitude salt-water lake. Dinner & Overnight stay at Pangong Lake.
PANGONG LAKE – LEH (150 KMS/5-6 HRS APPROX ONE WAY) Distance covered - 150 km | Travel Time - 4 Hrs. | Max. Altitude – 17,590 feet
- After breakfast back drive to Leh, Enroute visit famous Shey Palace, Thiksey Monastery & 3 Idiots school. Evening at leisure. Being last day of the tour you may like to go out for exploring local market for shopping and some local food. Dinner & Overnight stay at Leh.
• Shey Palace & Monastery: This summer palace of the erstwhile King of Leh is set upon a hill. The monastery itself has a 7.5-meter-high, copper statue of a sitting Buddha, wrought in gold. This is the largest of its kind in the world.
• Thiksey Monastery: 19 Kms from Leh, Thiksey is one of the largest and most impressive Gompas of Ladakh. The Thiksey monastery provides a panoramic view of the green Indus Valley from its vantage point atop a hill. It has chambers full of statues, Stupas and colorful Tankhas.
• 3 Idiots school: The school made famous by the movie 3 Idiots (entrance will depend on school authorities)
LEH – BACK TO DESTINATION
- Enjoy breakfast at the hotel. Later, check–out and transfer to the airport for your flight. Journey ends with memories which will last a lifetime.