Arrival At Leh Airport, Realxing & Acclimatization Day - Altitude - 11,500 feet
- Arrive at Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport Leh, our representative will meet you at the exit gate & transfer you to your Hotel. After Breakfast complete Day rest to acclimatize yourself to High Altitude. Evening you can plan to take a leisurely walk at a slow pace in Leh Bazaar (on your own) to explore and familiarize yourself with the vibes of the living in Ladakh. Dinner & Overnight stay at the Leh.
An Exciting Day Of Sightseeing On The National Highway 1 “NH1” - Distance covered 35Kms. | Travel Time 1Hr. | Max. Altitude - 11,500 feet
- After Breakfast leave for a day excursion to the Hall of Fame, Gurudwara Pathar Sahib, Magnetic Hill & Sangam
View where Indus & Zanskar river meet. By late afternoon return back to Leh and visit the iconic Shanti Stupa. Return back to the hotel for Dinner & Overnight stay at Leh.
• Hall of Fame: Hall of Fame near Leh is worth a visit for every citizen. It is a glorious museum constructed by the Indian army. You can see the memorabilia, defence biographies, images, and weapons used during the Kargil war.
• Gurudwara Pathar Sahib: A beautiful Gurudwara sahib constructed in the memory of Guru Nanak, about 25 miles away from Leh, on the Leh-Kargil road, 12000 ft above sea level. The Gurdwara was built in 1517 to commemorate the visit to the Ladakh region of Guru Nanak Dev, the founder Guru of the Sikh
• Magnetic Hill: Magnet Hill is a "Cyclops hill" located near Leh in Ladakh, India. The layout of the area and surrounding slopes create the optical illusion of a hill. The hill road is actually a downhill road. Objects and cars on the hill road may appear to roll uphill in defiance of gravity when they are, in fact, rolling downhill.
• Sangam: Sangam Valley is a 48-kilometer drive from Leh and is the confluence of the rivers Indus and Zanskar. Just the view of Sangam Valley from the road above it can make you swoon in ecstasy. The colours of the two rivers can be distinctly seen at the confluence.
• Shanti Stupa: Shanti Stupa is located at about 1km from Leh. It was built by a Japanese order and has wonderful views over Leh and the Indus valley, especially at sunset. The stupa was built in the 1980s and is a beautiful monument decorated with colorful paintings and enshrines large statues of Buddha.
Leh - Nubra Valley (125 Kms/5-6 Hrs Approx One Way) - Distance covered - 125 Kms | Journey Time - 5Hrs | Max. Altitude – 18,380 feet
- After Breakfast drive to Nubra Valley via KhardungLa pass which was once known to be one of the highest motorable roads in the world (18,380 feet). A scenic and exciting drive through the Shyok River takes you to the Nubra Valley region, which is mostly a cold high-altitude desert but has magnificent landscapes which make this journey in Ladakh even more memorable. Have a thrilling experience of ATV Bikes & Ziplining (optional) at Deskit and reach Hundur by afternoon. Check-in and post lunch visit Deskit Monastery then enjoy Double Hump Camel Safari (optional) & Sand Dunes. Dinner & Overnight stay at Nubra Valley.
NUBRA VALLEY – PANGONG LAKE (150 KMS/ 7 HRS APPROX ONE WAY) Distance covered - 150 Kms. | Journey Time - 7Hrs. | Max. Altitude – 14,500 feet
- After Breakfast drive to Pangong Lake via the beautiful and recently opened Shyok route. Reach Pangong Lake at an altitude of 14,500ft. Check-in and have lunch. Pangong is 5/6 kms wide and over 144 kms long and is shared by two countries (25% India and 75% China). Enjoy the magnificent and jaw-dropping views of this unique high-altitude salt-water lake. Dinner & Overnight stay at Pangong Lake.
PANGONG LAKE – LEH (150 KMS/5-6 HRS APPROX ONE WAY) Distance covered - 150 km | Travel Time - 4 Hrs. | Max. Altitude – 17,590 feet
- After breakfast back drive to Leh, En route visit famous Shey Palace, Thiksey Monastery & 3 Idiots school. Evening at leisure. Being the last day of the tour you may like to go out for exploring the local market for shopping and some local food. Dinner & Overnight stay at Leh.
• Shey Palace & Monastery: This summer palace of the erstwhile King of Leh is set upon a hill. The monastery itself has a 7.5-meter-high, copper statue of a sitting Buddha, wrought in gold. This is the largest of its kind in the world.
• Thiksey Monastery: 19 Kms from Leh, Thiksey is one of the largest and most impressive Gompas of Ladakh. The Thiksey monastery provides a panoramic view of the green Indus Valley from its vantage point atop a hill. It has chambers full of statues, Stupas, and colorful Tankhas.
• 3 Idiots school: The school made famous by the movie 3 Idiots (entrance will depend on school authorities)
LEH – BACK TO DESTINATION
- Enjoy breakfast at the hotel. Later, check–out and transfer to the airport for your flight. The journey ends with memories that will last a lifetime.